“To play a wrong note is insignificant, to play without passion is inexcusable.” – Ludwig Beethoven
I know a thing or two about passion. I sing contemporary music with passion. I wish I could sing hymns with passion, like most Pastor’s I know can do. But God, for reasons known only to Himself, has not given me these gifts. So I cope.
But it is a blessing to know your passion. I am blessed and I am grateful. It took me 50 years to find this passion. Who knew?
Many people work their entire lives and dislike what they do for a living. In my life I have served every Church Council position invented. I wasn’t very good at any of them in spite of my best efforts. I finally found my passion when God led me into the position of leading contemporary worship with a guitar. Passion happens when your gifts and your talents line up.
I have learned that you cannot fake passion. Passion makes you do crazy things. It is the fuel that drives your dreams and makes you happy to be alive. It invites you to worship your Maker wholeheartedly for stirring these passions within you.
Your life will turn around once you find your passion. It will be filled with purpose, hope and fulfillment.
My passion feeds my faith. I look forward to Sunday worship like never before. I read my bible like never before. I pray often. I listen to Christian music all the time. I can feel the Holy Spirit working in my life like never before. I understand our church’s doctrines like never before. My passion has become my life.
I really don’t know how to direct you to find your passion, but perhaps this will help:
- Think about what you naturally do well.
- Look to the bible for insight and wisdom. If you don’t know where to start, consider reading a few proverbs a day. It will change your life.
- Pray for help in discovering and honing your passion.
- Get out of your comfort zones.
- Don’t look at what you need. Take inventory of what you already have and strive to master it.
- Don’t let anyone discourage you, especially if you feel that it’s God’s will for your life.
- You are God’s handiwork. Don’t get discouraged by what others might say.
- Determination, humility and persistence are good things to have.
- In what area do you want to make a difference?
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” –Jeremiah 29:11
“May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. ” – Hebrews 13:20-21
Have you witnessed passion in worship?