Unconditional Love Deserves Unconditional Worship
This website is read predominantly by believers; we are children of God, we know Jesus as our Savior and we repent of our copious sins. God loves us unconditionally.
If you had an abortion somewhere in your past; take heart, God forgives you and He loves you enough to have died for you.
If you are in jail for a heinous crime; take heart, God loves you and forgives your sins and removes them as far as the east is from the west.
God has boatloads of Amazon-sized unconditional love for you.
How do we acknowledge Him for this unconditional love, mercy, forgiveness and grace? Often, with conditional worship.
• I will only sing hymns, no contemporary music.
• I will only praise him with a rock band accompaniment.
• I will not worship in a church that has “coffee and couches.”
• I will not worship in a church that has a video screen.
• When our new hymnal committee asks for feedback, we say things like “Go back to the blue hymnal!”
If you can only worship with one book or one style of music; then your idea of worship is limited and shallow. We need to be able to worship God in all circumstances – even if your church loses power on Sunday morning, worship goes on!