The Recipe to Build Your Faith
Goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, mutual affection and love.
Add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. Stir gently.
For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Source of this Delicious Recipe:
2 Peter 1:5-8
Promises for Worship Leaders and Pastors
– When I am anxious about leading worship through song, I remember…
Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. — Isaiah 41:10
– When I am questioning my ministry or calling as being useless and empty, I fight this unbelief with…
So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. — Isaiah 55:11
– When I am feeling weak, I battle unbelief with the promise of Christ…
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. — 2 Corinthians 12:9
– When I am battling burnout, I turn things around knowing…
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. — Psalm 32:8
– When I am anxious about facing opponents, I find reassurance with the promise…
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? — Romans 8:31
- For a quick pick-me-up read 40-50 because it’s bound to help
- If you are just curious, read #1 and it will invite you to read more
- If you want to be surprised, read numbers 13, 18, 21 and 28
- If you are feeling scared, insecure, confused, alone or in need, read 12, 13, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31, 37, 40, 41 and 47
- If you’re having a bad day read 25-50, then say thanks to God.
- If your world is crumbling before your teary eyes, read 1-50, then say a prayer.
- God is a consuming fire – De 4:24
- God is a merciful God – De 4:31
- God is God of gods and Lord of lords – De 10:17
- God is with you – 1 Sam 10:7
- God is exalted in his power. – Job 36:22
- God is a righteous judge – Ps 7:11
- God is my rock – Ps 18:2
- God is our refuge and strength – Ps 46:1
- God is the King of all the earth – Ps 47:7
- God is seated on His holy throne. – Ps 47:8
- God is our God for ever and ever – Ps 48:14
- God is my help – Ps 54:4
- God is for me – Ps 56:9
- God is steadfast – Ps 57:7
- God is our refuge – Ps 62:8
- God is a God who saves – Ps 68:20
- God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever – Psalm 73:26
- God is a sun and shield – Ps 84:11
- God is holy – Ps 99:9
- God is in heaven – Ps 115:3
- God is full of passion – Ps 116:5
- God is flawless – Pr 30:5
- God is with us – Is 8:10
- God is my salvation – Is 12:2
- God is the God of gods – Dan 2:47
- God is merciful and forgiving- Dan 9:9
- God is righteous in everything He does – Dan 9:14
- God is the watchman – Hos 9:8
- God is one and there is no other but him – Mk 12:32
- God is in your midst – Lk 17:21
- God is near – Lk 21:31
- God is truthful – Jn 3:33
- God is spirit – Jn 4:24
- God is the bread that comes down from heaven – Jn 6:33
- God is revealed – Ro 1:17
- God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord – Ro 6:23
- God is for us, who can be against us? – Ro 8:31
- God is faithful – 1 Cor 1:9
- God is stronger than human strength – 1 Cor 1:25
- God is really among you – 1 Cor 14:25
- God is able to bless you abundantly – 2 Cor 9:8
- God is one – Gal 3:20
- God is coming – Col 3:6
- God is our witness – Thes 2:5
- God is just – 2 Thes 1:6
- God is the builder of everything – Heb 3:4
- God is treating you as His children – Heb 12:7
- God is pleased – Heb 13:16
- God is light – 1 Jn 1:5
- God is love – 1 Jn 4:8
The bible is for real.
The stories are better than any movie you will watch and better than any other book you will read.
However, there is one big difference. The men and women mentioned in the bible aren’t heroes.
You’ve heard the list of hucksters.
David was a sinner.
Elijah, a coward
Abraham, a Liar.
Jacob, a deceiver.
Noah had drinking problems.
Paul was a murderer.
The list goes on and on.
But God doesn’t call the qualified. He qualifies the called.
None of the so-called biblical heroes are real heroes.
None were capable enough.
None were worthy enough.
None were courageous enough.
They were just ordinary sinners like you and me.
What they did have was a way to tap into the extraordinary power of the living God.
There is only one true hero in the bible and that is Jesus.
So if you want to put yourself in the place of a hero, imitate Jesus.
Jesus is the only one with real power.
Jesus had no phone, no Internet, no Facebook, no home, no money to speak of, no email, no blogs and no “how to ” books.
He only travelled about 100 miles from his home base.
His ministry lasted only three years.
His only writing was scribbled in sand.
We only have one or two of his preached sermons.
All he had were twelve friends who came with lots of baggage.
So what did these ragtag men and women have in common?
The answer is “faith.”
That is the only common thread that ties this cast of misfits together.
And that is what you need too.
Faith will propel you to share the Gospel.
Faith will also help the Holy Spirit to dwell with you.
Where is Your Faith?
Some say, “I will believe it when I see it!” Such a lack of faith.
So where is your Faith?
Mine is tiny. No bigger than a mustard seed. But Jesus says it is enough to move mountains. Mountains! It’s not the amount that’s important, it’s the focus. The mustard seed is enough, so take a step of faith and believe that much.
What is your mountain that needs to be moved? A mountainous schedule? Mountainous debt? Mountainous grief? A job layoff? Divorce? Pain? Suffering? Brokenness? Sickness? Addictions? Welcome to the club. You are not alone. You’re never alone. You can still have this minuscule mustard seed of faith to move those mountains. It is enough!
Faith is real!
Faith is powerful!
Faith is the thread of fabric that holds your life together!
Faith sees things from a different perspective.
Faith deals with things unseen, things that are not obvious.
Faith is a living thing.
Faith is acting on your beliefs.
Faith has a certitude about it that brings comfort and calmness to your heart.
Faith trusts that God is at work.
Faith is voiced through praise.
Faith trusts God in the dark and knows that there is no darkness that the Father’s love cannot penetrate.
Faith trusts God above reason and circumstances.
Faith trusts that God knows what is best for you.
Faith is more than just believing in God. It’s about trusting in Him, even when there is no evidence that you should.
It is faith that carries us through the storms of life.
It is faith that causes us to know we can do it!
It is faith that stirs us to get up and try again..
God put faith into you. He is taking your faith somewhere exciting. Places you never knew it could go. He is developing faith in you that does not have to rely on touch or sight. He is perfecting your faith.
By faith we reach God.
By faith we become conscious of God.
By faith we get answers from God.
By faith our problems are resolved.
All this being said, you don’t need more faith. Remember that mustard seed! You need more of God and faith will become automatic.