Do you have style?
God doesn’t care too much about your hair style or your style of clothes.
“The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” – 1 Samuel 16:7
God doesn’t even care too much about your style of church music.
Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. – Colossians 3:16
He does care a great deal about your lifestyle and it should be a lifestyle of worship; predominantly prayer, giving thanks and rejoicing.
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
I have a Facebook page for my book and Facebook is always pestering me to fill out the “About Page” which includes a section for my awards. I have been reluctant but this is finally what I entered:
• I have been blessed in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.
• I have been chosen in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.
• I have been predestined for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.
• I have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on me.
• I am chosen, having been predestined according to the plan.
• I exist for the praise of his glory.
• I have been included in Christ when I heard the message of truth.
• I have been marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing my inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
Based on Ephesians 1:3-14 and a Pastor’s sermon.
Check out my author page here: Www.facebook.com/LifestyleWorshipBook
Please “Like” the page if you enjoy these weekly Devotionals that I post on my blog. I would love to place a face with the thousands of people who read this website.
Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation. – Romans 5:11
Always, Continually and All
Not much wiggle room in those words.
“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
This is God’s will for my life and for yours as well!
Why you might ask? The answer is because we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him. – Romans 8:28.
So rejoice always!
Give thanks in all circumstances!
Can you do it? I think we all struggle. We rejoice once in a great while. We pray, maybe a few times a day, and we give thanks in a few circumstances. Actually, we complain often.
But in this scripture passage, Paul is urging us to adopt a lifestyle of joy, prayer and thanks because this is God’s will for us. Incredible! It is Lifestyle Worship!
Our hearts need to be disposed towards prayer. Breathe it in and out. Rejoice, Pray, Give Thanks – Rejoice, Pray, Give Thanks – Rejoice, Pray, Give Thanks. Let it sink in.
You can even pray about whatever it is that has caused you to rejoice, and give thanks for that precious moment. In fact, prayer should always be laced with thanks.
This week, I pray to my Creator that I am thankful for the gift of life as I rejoice in the birth of my first grandchild. Always, continually and all. Indeed. Amen.
A book promoter living in New Zealand promoted my book on his website and social media sites last week. Isn’t it amazing how God’s Word is being spread all over the world – even through this little book?
“For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.” – Habakkuk 2:14
I would also like to invite everyone to check out my new FaceBook site for the book:
“Lifestyle Worship” – The Book!
The book contains the very best of “Worship Ideas You Can Use” together with the stories and inspiration behind the writings as well as lots of new material. This book has been six grace-filled years in the making.
I have heard that a writer only writes one pure book, and it’s always his or her first. I can tell you that this book is written from my heart.
In the book you will read:
– the story of my “calling”
– a special poem I wrote for my Pastor,
– prayers for friends and family
– inspirational pieces written as a result of conversations with some of you!
You can read a few excerpts and learn more about the book here:
The E-book is being introduced at a special rate of $0.99! The paperback version should be available in a few weeks!